Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Flashback: M&M Momo

Surprise, surprise...
I went to Hobby Lobby last weekend.
Ha!
{real big surprise, huh?}

While were in the checkout line,
I kept feeling my tummy rumble
because I'd forgotten to eat breakfast,
as I was trying to get all 3 kiddos
fed, dressed, in the car,
 prepared for a 30 minute drive to town,
prepared for a blow out diaper, and the list goes on.

But I think I digressed, where was I?
Oh, yeah...
The checkout line at Hobby Lobby.
So, I decided to grab a bag of healthy M&Ms!

My kids immediately were all over me.
"Can I have a bag of M&Ms too?"
"Can I have some of your M&Ms Mom?"
Whine fest at the checkout line.

So, of course, I told them if they held onto the cart
from the checkout all the way to the car like good kids,
I'd give them some when they were all buckled up.

And then,
(Here's the actual Flashback, y'all.)
I told them about my grandma, Momo.

Who used to make sure each of us got a bag of M&Ms
everytime we left her house.
Who threw the BEST Birthday Parties ever,
and one of those memories from those parties
were the mini bags of M&Ms.

And then I started remembering her M&M jars,
and dispensers...
and how she had M&Ms at the tables after her funeral.

Momo was a super special lady.
I've written about her a few times before.
I'm thankful that whenever I see a bag of M&Ms,
my thoughts immediately go to her.
I can hardly go to a store without thinking of her.
And remembering what a beautiful,
loving, sweet grandma she was.

And my kids may not really get the sentiments
behind me sharing my memories right now...
but I'll probably keep telling them about my M&M Momo.
And I hope eventually they'll remember her too,
everytime they see a bag of M&Ms. :)

3 comments:

LaurieJo said...

It is a great way to remember Momo! I miss her lots. Maybe that's why I eat so many M&M's!! :)

Lady D said...

The M&M grandma...MOMO! I wanted to be the teddy bear grandma:) because mom had that tradition with you all. I'm sure she is loving the fact that she established such a "sweet" chocolate memory for you all!

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

very sweet :)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails