Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Around the Town: Dallas World Aquarium

So many places to blog about,
so little time!!! :)
While my mom was visiting a while back,
we decided to take the kiddos to the aquarium.

It was really interesting the way they had these
"boardwalks" spiraling down to the tank levels.
It was super awesome how the birds were so tame!
They just came right up next to us.
The kiddo's fascination with everything was contagious. :)
I thought it was hysterical how these turtles were huddled together!
One of our faves was the manatees,
since we have a book about manatees that we read frequently.

I loved this one of my mom. :)
There was a humongous tank with sharks, stingrays, and this big sea turtle.
This has to be my favorite photo from the aquarium.
Cute little penguins.

Okay, maybe the photo below is my fave.
Haha. Fun times.
We loved it!

It was really pricey... FYI. In case you're from
 around DFW, and want to take your family.
And I've been to Shedd's Aquarium many times-
this isn't quite as good as that one,
but just the exposure for your little ones is worth it.


2 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

Your pictures are great! we loved the DWA, but wayyyyy to exspensive!

Unknown said...

I am in love with the Aquarium, but you are totally right about the price. Have you found any good DFW entertainment coupon sites? I've looked for Aquarium coupons when the fam comes into town, but haven't had any luck.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails