Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Summer Wrap-Up Post- I've been MIA.

Our summer.
How do I even define it?
The craziest, busiest summer I've had,
maybe EVER?!

I read somewhere recently:
"Summers are to ministers,
what tax season is to CPAs."
Yep! Totally true.
{I would know. I am a pastor's wife. :)}
I know I've been MIA lately.
And I've truly missed my more "normal" routine of
sewing & crafts,
pre-K homeschool,
cooking & baking,
working out & playing in the backyard,
 just being HOME.

I've always been a "mover & shaker",
but right now, I feel that our family
needs to just be still for a while. :)
Fat chance! haha.

So what have we been up to,
since I suddenly stopped blogging for the last month?
{Sorry for that, by the way. :) }

My favorite memories from the summer
are the simple ones.
Her 1st ponytail.
His 1st time riding a bike without training wheels.
Children dancing in the headlights.

Playing on the slip n slide in the backyard.
{yes, that's me, going down the slip n slide- heehee!}

Shooting Nerf guns, squirt guns, and blowing bubbles.
Fishing, making S'mores in the backyard firepit, & grilling out.
Dressing up & putting on "talent shows".
{Have no fear, I didn't participate in these particular activities. ha!}

On the less simple side of our busy summer:
We've travelled a bit,
Took our youth group for a week of summer camp,
Had some family visiting us here & there,
Took a cruise on a sailing catamaran,
and spent our first night without kids
in 4 1/2 years!!

Had our home of 7 years on the "market",
thought it was sold- but fell through,
put an offer on a home, but had to withdraw it,
put it back on the market,
and went back to LC for a week of intense repairs.
Now just waiting on God's timing for it to sell.

Worked hard to head up VBS,
Took our one "free" week to make sure our
immune systems still worked
while we all took turns with the stomache flu...
I'm still recovering from that one! ugh.
Had more family visiting,
Father Son camp out tonight,
And capping it all off this weekend with
"Family Weekend" at our church.

We've had a lot of fun.

I'll be doing a few recap posts with pictures,
and stories for my own family's memory.
I must say, we're pretty good at planning
fun stuff for our famiy of many small children
during the summer. Heehee!
{We're almost TOO good at it! lol.}

Just had to touch base with my blog,
and get back to it a little bit.
I've missed it around here lately. :)


1 comment:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Glad to have you back! I figured you were just off having fun this summer! No fun sitting inside typing on the computer! Good for you!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails