Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Help Lulu come HOME to her loving family!

I'm always amazed at how God works things out,
so that everything flows together!
1st, if you don't have time to read a long post,
just please take a look at
Bringing Home Lulu since that's the point of this post.

When Love Takes You In
One day last week, I was looking for a song
to sing at a memorial service we were doing.
For some reason this Steven Curtis Chapman song
came up on YouTube.
I used to love listening to his music!
So, I decided to click & listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY_FpV05n-c&feature=av2e
"When Love Takes You In"

I can't tell you how hard that song hit my heart!
I just sat there and cried my eyes out. :)
The beauty of the lyrics,
and the beauty of the love some people choose to share.

Truly, the adoption process has hit home
a few times in my life.
My 1st real exposure was when my husband and I got married,
and found ourselves part of a church that had
quite a few families that had adopted.
Every single child became near to us as well as their families.
We loved them so much!
And the beauty of how God fit them so well with their families.

Then, adoption became a little more personal,
as my husband and I went through 4 years of
"infertility".
At that point, we broken heartedly considered adoption.
Had we not been able to conceive,
this would have definitely been something
we would have pursued.
In fact, it is still something we feel
tugging at our hearts.
______________________________________________
I hadn't realized that my dear friend, Jenna,
was trying to adopt a sweet little girl from Ethiopia.
To take this child into their loving home,
to share Jesus with her,
and those that they come in contact with
during the adoption process.
She emailed me about this That Same Day!!!

To say I was surprised at how God moved my heart
through that song about adoption,
then how she happened to let me know about it
only a few minutes, maybe an hour later??
I really doubt it is any coincidence.

I know Jenna personally.
I know what a great Mom & wife,
& Christian woman she is!
She is so perfect
for this beautiful calling in life.

She has an online auction site called
Bringing Home Lulu.
Will you please go there & if you are able,
help her get this little girl home.
Her auction items for this round will be up
for just a few more days.
Then there will be another round,
I think until they raise the money they need.

Thank you for your consideration!

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails