Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Following In Our Footsteps

As parents, it brings us so much joy
to see our children following in our footsteps!

Just last night our boys' desire
to "mow & weed eat" the lawn like their Papa;
and our girl's desire
to try on her Mama's shoes...
Brought smiles of sweet pleasure,
and happiness to our hearts.

It also shows us
How much they adore us.
How much they observe us.
How much they mimick us.
How quickly they grow up!

I know I'm not always the perfect parent.
{Who is?}
I know I don't always show them correct ways
to act, talk, think, or whatever else.
{I'm trying, with God's guidance & grace.}

The way we choose to live our lives
will give our children a toolbox for
how to live their lives in the future.

I want to choose to leave
footsteps that are worth following in.
I want to live a passionate,
loving & Godly life
that will inspire my children.

Sometimes I feel like I'm faltering
along the pathways that God has laid out before us.

Then, my little 2,3, or 4 year old child,
will recite a Bible verse to me like
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all they ways, acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct they paths."

Do you know how heart melting 
a Bible verse from a little one's mouth can be??!

{And, yes, I give them incentives for saying a verse,
when the sibling that is potty training gets 
an incentive for making it in the potty. :)

I'm so thankful for the children God has given me.
And lately, I feel like my children are growing me
in ways I never would've matured without being
THEIR parent.


1 comment:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

So adorable. My fave around here is little feet in daddy's boots. You're right - they grow so quickly. Enjoy your weekend :)

~Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails