We are fortunate enough
to live near a large lake.
When we first moved here from the desert,
I can't tell you how we soaked in
just looking at the water whenever we'd
cross the bridge,
or go down to "The Harbor District" to enjoy
the restaurants, theater, & lighthouse.
We LOVED it!
In the 2 years that we've lived here,
we have really wanted to go on
the "Sailing with Scott" catamaran sunset cruise.
Since my hubby was celebrating his birthday in July,
it seemed like that would be the perfect
fun little surprise for him!
I think he really enjoyed himself too. :)
Captain Scott allows the passengers to take the helm.
Of course, my hubby was the very 1st one. ha!
And I got to steer the boat too!
I was so thankful for Scott's wife taking pictures for us.
And while we were sailing, we got to see a fleet of sailboats.
There was some sort of race that weekend,
and we sailed right alongside them as they raced along.
I took some amazing photos of these sailboats, too.
The sunset was upon us, and turning everything golden.
I love this time of the day so much!!
They had a ritual on the sunset cruise,
as the sun met the earth,
Captain Scott blew a conch shell "horn".
Said a blessing.
And that was so beautiful!
Umm... yes. He asked if he could blow the shell too.
Haha! He is not shy. And lives life to the fullest.
I'm so happy to be married to someone like that, by the way.
Yes, kicking our feet up,
sailing around on a catamarran sail ship for a couple hours,
enjoying the beautiful sunset & sailboats.
Hmm... I could really get used to that kind of life! haha.
If you live in the Dallas area,
definitely look up Sailing with Scott.
It is a great, rather inexpensive, fun date.
Take a cooler with a few snacks & drinks too.
Just sayin', I wish we had. :)















































3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I'm definitely looking him up. I would love to surprise my husband with a sailing date.
What a fun outing!!!
We used to live in Rockwall right there. I miss it so much as we are now in the desert! So happy to find your blog today! Enjoy and have a great day. Kelly
Post a Comment