1st- we love going to events around the DFW area.
Love that they have lots to offer
for families. . . even with small children,
there's lots to do here.
Thus all of my "Around the Town" posts.
2nd- this was our 2nd time going to Plano's Balloon Fest.
The launch got rained out both times. Hmm.
But, this 2nd time we went for FREE! (versus $30-40).
Woohoo!
Here are some of the balloons twinkling at the glow.
Of course, I had to try to make a pano out of the pictures I took there. :)
I was also really excited to spend the night
with an old friend that lives here,
but we rarely get to see!
We 1st became friends back in New Mexico.
Weird how our paths crossed again. :)
She got her very 1st lollipop...
and all the kids enjoyed dancing to the music,
while the hot air balloons inflated.
Once they were all inflated, and the sun set,
they began to light up the night!
Such a beautiful sight.
Of course, what's a festival without yummy treats,
and taking lots of pictures! :)
Me & Belle took the older kiddos out on the field
to look at the balloons up close.
We really enjoyed that!
This ladybug was my fave balloon of the night.
Even the little kiddies were fans of the balloons. :)
Over all, it was such a fun time for our family.
Of course, the most amazing, breath taking hot-air balloon experience,
is in Albuquerque, NM in October.
We are definitely going back one of these years again.
We loved going when we lived there.
Memories. :)











































2 comments:
We went too and had a blast! It was not as hot as last year, thank goodness!!
I'm glad you made it to the balloon festival! It's one of my favorite events all year! I live less than a mile away from the field, and the balloons go right over my house (when the wind is right) and you can even talk to the people in the baskets (or bark if you are a dog...my dogs are very vocal). Even when the wind is wrong, they are everywhere, and it has me completely motivated to get to New Mexico....someday! I may come back for advice when I finally book the trip!
Post a Comment