Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for several organizations!
1. MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers), this is my 5th year in MOPS!
This is also my 1st year to be a DGL (Discussion Group Leader).
I have been so encouraged & made so many wonderful friends
through this great organization.
I would be so lost in my "mommy life" without those connections.

2. BSF (Bible Study Fellowship), this is my very 1st year in BSF.
A friend from MOPS last year really encouraged me to go.
I am so thankful!!
I'm getting so much from the daily lessons in God's Word,
and I love even more (is that possible?)
how much my kids LOVE going, and learning
"their own Bible study". :)

3. This is definitely not an organization,
but a lady in my church has been such a blessing to me
over the past few months, passing along poetry books.
I had initially just mentioned in passing
that I love Helen Steiner Rice's poetry.
So she began hunting down books of her poetry.
Then one day, she brought me a few other poets as well.
Loved them!
And she's brought me a stack of books every month or so.
I don't have much time to read.
But poems are the perfect little "pick me up"
that take about 30 seconds to read.
Yep. That's about all the time I have alot of times to read. :)

1 comment:

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Woohoo! Another MOPS mama! I led our local group for two years and had been serving in some sort of leadership capacity for 4. MOPS was my therapy! Im still linked in with the moms, who've become lifelong friends.
Some fun facts: in our tiny "valley" area here we've had three sets of twins at once and currently have TWO sets of QUADS!!!!Thats right...quads in the group. Also, we started an online Yahoo!group site for the moms and its an awesome way to stay connected even outside of meetings. If I send an email it goes out to all the moms on the group at once. Its amazing, really.
Have a blessed weekend:)
Sarah
HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails