Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recipe: Spinach & Feta Turkey Burger & Honey Lime Chicken on the GRILL!

I made both of these recipes almost every week
this summer, and still going in the fall too!

And since I just have the ingredients just jotted
on a piece of paper on my desk...
I figured I'd better hurry up & write these on the blog,
so I don't forget for next summer.
AND, so y'all can give it a whirl sometime too!

1st up: My own take on a turkey burger.
I love the turkey burgers at Ruby Tuesdays.
But I'm not a big fan of the ones you can buy in
the freezer department, kwim?
**And I was able to convert a few picky eaters
in my family who don't like _____ into liking these!**

So, I decided to get a bunch of my fave ingredients together
and created a
Spinach & Feta Turkey Hamburger

Ingredients:
-Half Pound Turkey, Half Pound Ground Beef
-3/4 cup Bread Crumbs, Italian style
-2 eggs
-1 large handful of spinach, chopped
-1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled finely
-1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
-2 Tbsp Garlic finely minced, or equiv. garlic powder
-Lawry's Season Salt, couple good shakes
-Montreal Steak Seasoning, couple good shakes
-Palmful of dried rosemary, crushed
Topping:
-Provolone cheese
-Spicy Ranch dressing from Hidden Valley
-Buns (we prefer the thin ones, but whatever works for you)

Directions:
1. Put turkey, ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, spinach, feta cheese & worcestershire sauce (& garlic if using fresh minced) in large mixing bowl.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine (garlic if using powder), Lawry's, Montreal, rosemary.
3. Using hands, mix meat mixture in large bowl, then once combined, add seasoning & using hands, combine again until mixed thoroughly.
4. Make patties, and put on grill until cooked through, flipping at least once.
5. Put provolone on top at the end, then top with a little spicy Ranch and put it in a bun. You're done!

Just typing that recipe up made me go make sure I have the ingredients in the fridge, because we're having that tonight! YUM. I love these burgers sooo much. You will too, promise, even with all the weird sounding ingredients... I've converted a few picky eaters in my family with this one. :)

2nd up: Honey Lime Chicken

This one is super easy, but you do have to marinade it. I usually try to do it in the morning, or sometimes I forget & marinade it for just an hour. It tastes better the longer it marinades, but it's still pretty good without marinading as long, too- in case you're like me. :)

Ingredients:
-4-6 chicken breasts, or 10-12 tenderloins
-Zest of one lime, then 1/2 cup of lime juice
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1/2 cup cilantro or sometimes I use parsley, or even a couple tablespoons of rosemary
-2 Tbsp Honey
-2 Tbsp White Vinegar
-2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
-Lawry's Season Salt, couple shakes
-1 large gallon ziplock bag or a container to marinade the meat in

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a mixing bowl. Whisk all ingredients until mixed well.
2. Put chicken in ziplock bag or container, then add the marinade. Marinade for 6 hours or so.
3. Grill! Easy peasy. Yummy to my tummy. Try it, you'll like it.

If I can drum up pictures from this summer (cuz I know I took some, I just have to find them), I will add to this post. :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try those turkey burgers - they sound great!
Stacey

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails