Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Win, Lose, or Draw

Have you ever wondered if anyone actually wins
"sweepstakes", "giveaways", or "raffles"?

I have.
And I've never been one of the lucky one to win...
until recently!!

All of the sudden in the last few months,
I've been so blessed to win several things!
It has been totally exciting.
In fact, my hubby and I joke that I should
go buy a lottery ticket! lol.
{That will never, never happen. Promise.}

When winning something has happened,
I've actually felt like it was a little love gift from God,
shining down his blessing, lifting my downtrodden heart a bit.

I'm sure you're wondering what it is that I've won.
Well...
1. MCP Actions giveaway for Florabella textures & overlays.
Love these things! Seriously beautiful. Makes all my photos
look even better. Especially outdoors, properly exposed
or underexposed images.
I'll give you an example really quickly of a photo I recently edited
with the Florabella overlays:

Before

After,
Using "Golden Sun" texture
and "Sun Shower (left)" layers of light texture

2. Creative Mama giveaway for MCP Actions Blog It or Print It action.
Haven't had a chance to try these too much yet, as this just happened.
But I whipped this little photoboard up in about a minute just to show you.
I think these will be so fun to do for my kid's pics & seniors/engagement sessions.


3. Texas Family Travel sweepstakes for Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. I entered this one on Facebook, and got to know this cute couple at our MOPS group last year. I looooove their suggestions on their Facebook page by the way. We'll be taking advantage of those tickets this week during our "stay-cation". Can't wait!!

4. MOPS giveaway/raffle/prize for tickets to the Texas State Fair... which we will also be going to for the very FIRST time since living in the DFW area during our "stay-cation" this week as well.

I've won a few other things in the last few months, but these last 4 have all been very recent... and have been HUGE for me. I noticed that it seemed like the last 2 were especially "love gifts" it seemed, since we really need a bit of a break from life as we know it right now. It's been hectic. It's been good. But it's time to take a breather from the crazy thing we call life for a few days. I'm so thankful that a lot of what we get to do this week is going to be completely free thanks to these amazing "love gifts".



1 comment:

Lady D said...

Winning is fun!!! Just ask us Catan fanatics:)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails